Mains Paper 3: Science & Technology | Indigenization of technology & developing new technology
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: AI (artificial intelligence)
Mains level: Applications of AI & its future in India
- Microsoft India has signed an agreement with NITI Aayog to deploy artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to address challenges in agriculture and healthcare.
Details of the Agreement
- Microsoft India will support NITI Aayog by combining the cloud, AI, research and its vertical expertise for new initiatives and solutions across several core areas.
- Microsoft will also accelerate the use of AI for the development and adoption of local language computing.
- Under the agreement, Microsoft will provide NITI Aayog advanced AI-based solutions to address challenges in agriculture and healthcare.
- It will include farm advisory services, healthcare screening models at Primary Health Cntres, and building capacity for AI through education.
- Additionally Microsoft will promote STEM education in the areas of AI studies and data sciences for young women in institutes identified by NITI Aayog.