From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Mission Shat Pratishat
Mains level : Ensuring quality education in govt. run schools
The Punjab Education Department recently launched Mission Shat Pratishat to achieve 100 per cent result in classes 5, 8, 10, and 12 of government schools.
Mission Shat Pratishat
- The Mission was launched in September 2019 by the Punjab education department.
- It aimed to improve the results of the government schools in terms of pass percentage in the 10th and 12th board examinations.
Particulars of the mission
- WhatsApp groups of teachers, students, and parents by different subject teachers have been formed to ensure proper coordination as well as sharing of good practices.
- The teachers and students are being sensitized about the structure of the question papers through Edusat (Education Satellite).
- Model question papers have been prepared for every subject and students are being made to solve them.
- The government school teachers have voluntarily been taking extra classes not only during working days but also on Sundays and holidays.
- There are hundreds of government schools, mostly primary and middle, that do not have enough teaching staff.