- India launched an International Solar Alliance (ISA) at the CoP21 Climate Conference.
- The revolution in the field would bring power to all citizens, and create unlimited economic opportunity.
- The new body has invited all countries located fully or partly between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn to join.
- India will provide land and $30 million to form a secretariat for the Alliance, and also support it for 5 years.
- It will promote solar technologies and investment in the solar sector to enhance
income generation for the poor and global environment.