Mains Paper 2: Governance | Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre & States & the performance of these schemes
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the Scheme
Mains level: Initiative to address Unemployment related issues
Mukhyamantri Yuva Nestam- a Pension Scheme
- The AP government has launched this scheme through which an allowance of Rs 1000 per month will be provided to unemployed youth in the state.
- About 12 lakh youths in the age group of 22-35 years will get the benefit of the scheme.
- The registration for the scheme will start mid-August.
- The scheme will be extended to all those eligible even if there are more than one beneficiary in a family.
- It will implement the scheme in a very transparent manner like pension scheme.
- The money will be credited directly into the bank accounts through biometric authentication.