Aerodynamics is the study of how air and liquids, referred to collectively as “fluids,” flow around objects.
- Aerodynamics engineers including an Indian-origin scientist are studying sports balls
- To learn lessons in aerodynamics that will help build aircrafts more earth-friendly and allow spacecrafts to take the most efficient route to Mars in the future
- By understanding how fluids flow around basic shapes such as cylinders and spheres
- NASA’s engineers predict how even minor alterations in these basic shapes change flow patterns and events like Super Bowl come handy
- The way air moves around different shapes plays a significant role in the flight of all sports balls