From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : National Data Quality Forum (NDQF)
Mains level : Utilizing meadical health data
National Data Quality Forum
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s National Institute for Medical Statistics (ICMR-NIMS), in partnership with Population Council, launched the NDQF.
- It will integrate learning from scientific and evidence-based initiatives and guide actions through periodic workshops and conferences.
- Its activities will help establish protocols and good practices of data collection, storage, use and dissemination that can be applied to health and demographic data, as well as replicated across industries and sectors noted a release issued by ICMR.
Why need NDQF?
- India has a rich resource of data on its population, its health status and demographic behaviour and economic condition among many other aspects of life and environment.
- This wealth of data can be translated into insights and, eventually, into policy through a layered process involving human and technological inputs at every stage.
- However, these data often suffer from some common challenges related to human and technological factors and affect its quality.
Explain Working of Air Preheater?
Mode of operation of the air preheater is in counter flow, co-current flow, co-current flow-countercurrent or cross-countercurrent or cross-co-current flow. The design of the device is depend on the media and the temperature conditions of the application. For small construction, finned tubes are suited to arrange in a small space much heating surface. Is in the exhaust gas or in the air containing dust or other particles, so that deposits are expected, preferably smooth tubes are used, which are less prone to deposits and will be clean easier.