From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : National e-Assessment Centre (NeAC)
Mains level : IT reforms
- The Central Board of Direct Taxation (CBDT) has unveiled a new initiative for faceless e-assessment to impart greater efficiency, transparency and accountability in the assessment process.
- Under the new system, taxpayers have received notices on their registered emails as well as on registered accounts on the web portal, with real-time by way of SMS on their registered mobile number, specifying the issues for which their cases have been selected for scrutiny.
- Replies to the notices can be prepared at ease by taxpayers at their own residence or office and sent by email to the National e-Assessment Centre by uploading the same on the designated web portal.
- There would be no physical interface between the tax payers and the tax officers.
- This is another initiative by CBDT in the field of ease of compliance for the taxpayers.