From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : NISHTA Mission
Mains level : School education in India
National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) has been launched in the UT of Jammu and Kashmir.
- NISHTHA is a capacity building programme for “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training”.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy has launched a National Mission to improve learning outcomes at the elementary level through an Integrated Teacher Training Programme called NISHTHA under the CSS of Samagra Shiksha in 2109-20.
- It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage. NISHTHA is the world’s largest teachers’ training programme of its kind.
- The basic objective of this massive training programme is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- The initiative is first of its kind wherein standardized training modules are developed at national level for all States and UTs.