Mains Paper 2: Governance | Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the Strategic Partnership Model
Mains level: Indian Government has a well structured plan to increase Indian Navy presence in the Indian Ocean, as a Blue Water Navy, this step can be seen as a step towards this plan.
Helicopters for ‘Special Operations’
- The Indian Navy is looking to add to its fleet dedicated helicopters for ‘Special Operations’
- Some of the Naval Multi-Role Helicopters (NMRH) for which the tender was issued last week will be in this configuration
- Of the 123 NMRH to be procured, 33 will be dedicated variants for Special Operations
Request for Information (RFI) by the Navy
- The Navy had issued the Request for Information (RFI) to global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) for the procurement of 123 NMRH and 111 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH)
- The procurement would be under the recently approved Strategic Partnership (SP) model of the Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP)
Strategic Partnership(SP) Model
Click here to read more about it.