National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) partnered with 30 Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) to jointly tackle and mitigate man-made or natural disasters or emergencies.
- The first of its kind initiative aimed to ensure efforts for building a good synergy between the government organisations.
- NDRF has proposed to train personnel of these PSUs by extending its skill modules for tackling disasters.
- NDRF is India’s elite disaster mitigation combat force established under Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- It functions under the aegis of Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It undertakes relief and rescue operations in the case of an event of any disaster (natural or man-made), accident or emergency.