Skip to the content
- NGT receives petition to stop sale of Reverse Osmosis (RO) purifiers. Why?
- They lead to wastage of water.
- RO systems are meant for filtering seawater, not groundwater.
- They use chlorine/nano silver which may have harmful health effects in the long run.
- No study to prove they reduce chances of waterborne diseases.
- Some of them chlorinate the water which can lead to cancer in long-term.
- Government itself should provide clean water so there is no need to use such purification machine.