Mains Paper 2: Governance | Citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: CPSE, PSUs, etc.
Mains level: Important norms to fix transparency and accountability of the employees.
New norms for PSUs employees
- The Central Government has issued a fresh set of norms to govern the conduct of central PSU employees
- These norms will bar them from political activities and criticising government policies or actions
- Title: The ‘Consolidated Model Conduct, Discipline and Appeal Rules for CPSEs’
Particulars of the norms
- According to the norms, no employee will make any statement, which has the effect of adverse criticism of any policy or action of the Centre or State governments
- Or of the CPSE, or which is capable of embarrassing the relations between the central public sector enterprise (CPSE) and the public
- The norms also prescribes that employees must
(1) not accept any gifts,
(2) refrain from consuming any intoxicating drink or drug in a public place,
(3) not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication, or use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess