- Iran and P5+1 agreed on the framework for a draft plan of action that would be ready by June 30th this year.
- The draft plan envisages to limit Iran’s nuclear programme for civilian nuclear activities only.
- The plan of action clearly states the no. of enrichment plants & centrifuges Iran will have access to, as well as their verification by IAEA.
- The UN will terminate all its resolutions sanctioning Iran, which had crippled its economy.
- The breakthrough deal will have wider geopolitical repercussions on all of West Asia, which is witnessing the results of the proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia
- The deal will bring big relief for India, who found it difficult to strengthen its civilizational ties with Tehran in face of international sanctions.