- The definition of what constitutes pornography is open to misinterpretation, unless it is drawn from various legal provisions.
- There is a flip-flop by the govt. on the issue of banning porn websites due to policy confusion and the difficulty involved in it.
- Even the enforcement becomes farce and is often counter-productive due to the lack of technical know-how to bypass the restriction.
- There are legal provisions available in IPC, IT Act and POCSO Act to prohibit such content.
- Experts argue that any ban on pornography is an encroachment on right to privacy.
- Therefore, govt. should be vigilant mostly against child pornography.
What do you think? What’s the fine balance at stake here? Right to Privacy vs. Societal Ethics? What is the larger implication?