Skip to the content
- Basics: HFCs are emissions from coolants that are thousands of times more potent than CO2 in trapping heat
- Remember Kyoto principle? Of common but differentiated responsibilities – this means not all countries need to cut their HFC emissions by the same timeline
- India is in the most relaxed batch and hence it can still afford to let its citizens raise their standard of living by buying old technology ACs and products
- Concern: How is India going to do the multilateral funding to finance the technology shift from HFCs to HFOs (hydroflouroolefins)!
- Should India also push for finer agreements in terms of technology transfer?