Mains Paper 2: IR | India and its neighborhood- relations.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the train
Mains level: The extension shows positive side(though not significant) of the relationship between the two nations.
Extension for the Thar Link Express
- The rail link between India and Pakistan received an extension from Pakistan
- The Thar Link Express that connects Khokhrapar in Pakistan and Munabao in Rajasthan received an extension for three more years from 1 February 2018 to 31 January 2021
Particulars of the train
- The weekly train connects Jodhpur and the bordering region of Rajasthan with the province of Sindh in Pakistan
- The agreement to run the Thar Link Express was signed in 2006 and is one of the cheapest means of transport between the two rival countries
- The rail link facilitates people-to-people contacts which are essential for improving relations between both the countries