Skip to the content
- The opening of a large number of payment gateways, Internet banking, payment banks will prompt the use of banking transactions and plastic money to rise significantly.
- The govt. was considering making it mandatory to provide PAN card details for cash transactions beyond a certain limit.
- The monitoring regime of the income tax department has been strengthened.
- The department can detect large cash withdrawals, or large cash transactions which enter the system.
- The Finance Minister lays the blame for incidence of tax evasion on previous govts and their high tax rates.