From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the World Sanskrit Conference, Keywords Mentioned
Mains level: Not Much
Human Resource Development Minister to inaugurate the 17th World Sanskrit Conference to be held at Vancouver, Canada from 9th July to 13th July 2018.
Aim & Objective
To promote, preserve and practice the Sanskrit language all over the world by the people.
Particulars of the Conference
- The World Sanskrit Conference is being held in various countries across the globe once in every three years and so far it has been held thrice in India.
- The Delhi International Sanskrit Conference of 1972 is considered to be the first World Sanskrit Conference.
- This year more than 500 scholars and delegates from over 40 countries will be participating and exchange their knowledge by presenting papers on various subjects followed by discussions from amongst the members.
- There will be a special panel discussion on over a dozen topics like;
- History & Education of Women in Vedic Literature;
- Sanskrit Buddhist Manuscripts;
- Mimamsa Beyond the Yagasala;
- The Yuktidipika Forging a Place for Sankhya;
- Introducing Bhagavata Purana Commentaries;
- Research on the Gargiyajyotisa.