Mains Paper 3: Environment | Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: International Conference on Sustainable Water Management
Mains level: India’s dual challenge of water conservation and interventions that can be made to prevent a water crisis
International Conference on Sustainable Water Management
- The first International Conference under the aegis of National Hydrology Project, Union Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation is being organised by Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) in Mohali.
- The aim of the Conference is:
- to foster the participation of and dialogue between various stakeholders, including governments, the scientific and academic communities, so as to promote sustainable policies for water management,
- to create awareness of water-related problems, motivate commitment at the highest level for their solution and thus promote better management of water resources at local, regional, national and international levels.
- The theme of the Conference “Sustainable Water Management” deals with promoting integrated and sustainable development and management of Water Resources.