From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Chavang Kut
Mains level : Various tribes in India
- Chavang Kut the post-harvest festival of the Kuki-Chin-Mizo communities is being celebrated across North-Eastern states with traditional gaiety and enthusiasm.
- The festival marks the Anglo-Kuki war centenary year.
- In Manipur, Mizoram and Assam and other parts of the country, the festival is organized every year as thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest.
- It is one of the most important festivals of Kuki-Chin-Mizo communities. It is a state holiday in Manipur.
Note: Not to be confused with Chapchar Kut
- The Chapchar Kut is a festival of Mizoram, India. It is a spring festival celebrated with great favour and gaiety.
- It is celebrated during March after completion of their most arduous task of jhum operation i.e., jungle-clearing.