Mains Paper 3: Agriculture | Economics of animal-rearing
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the Scheme
Mains level: Read the attached story
E-Pashu Haat portal
- Nodal Agency: Department of Animal Husbandry Dairying & Fisheries (DADF), Ministry of Agriculture
- Aim: To connect breeders and farmers regarding availability of bovine germplasm.
- Government has launched e-Pashu Haat portal (www.epashuhaat.gov.in) for connecting breeders and farmers of indigenous breeds.
- The portal has been launched under the scheme “National Mission on Bovine Productivity.”
- This provides direct access to the farmers/ breeders to various organizations/sources wherein frozen semen, embryos and livestock certifications are available.
- This portal is playing crucial role in development and conservation of indigenous breeds.