From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of the Online Portal
Mains level: Step towards ensuring fare elections and election related grievances redressal
Online RTI portal for ECI
- The portal can be accessed by general public on the Home Page of the Commission’s website `eci.nic.in’ by clicking on `Online RTI’.
- There is also online payment gateway for making payment of requisite fees under the RTI Act.
- The portal also facilitates online reply to applications and also for making first appeal and reply thereto.
- There will be timely notification alerts to RTI applicant via SMS and E-Mail.
Offline Mode to continue
- The online RTI applications made in the past in the Portal of DOPT were downloaded and all such applications barring a few have been disposed of by giving suitable reply to the applicants.
- The remaining applications and First Appeals will be disposed of shortly