From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Ex Eastern Bridge-V
Mains level : Not Much
- Indian Air Force is participating in a Bilateral Joint exercise with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO), named Ex Eastern Bridge-V.
Ex Eastern Bridge-V
- It is a bilateral Joint exercise of Indian Air Force (IAF) with Royal Air Force Oman (RAFO).
- For the first time, MiG-29 fighter aircraft will be participating in an International Exercise outside India.
- IAF contingent comprises of MiG-29 and C-17 aircraft. MiG-29 will be exercising with Royal Air Force Oman’s Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 and Hawk.
- The exercise will enhance inter-operability during mutual operations between the two Air Forces and will provide an opportunity to learn from each other’s best practices.
- The participation of IAF in the exercise will also promote professional interaction, exchange of experience and operational knowledge.
- Besides strengthening bilateral relations, it will also provide a good opportunity to the air-warriors to operate in an international environment.