Mains Paper 2: IR | Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Exercise SHINYUU Maitri 2018
Mains level: India-Japan strategic relations
Ex SHINYUU Maitri-18
- It is a bilateral air exercise of Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) with Indian Air Force from at A F Station Agra.
- The theme of the exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
- The JASDF C2 aircraft along with aircrew/observers are part of this first air exercise between the two Air Forces.
- IAF is participating with An-32 and C-17 aircraft with aircrew & observers.
- The focus of the exercise is set for the IAF and JASDF crews to undertake Joint Mobility/ HADR operations.
- Display of heavy loading/ off loading are also planned to be practiced during this exercise.