Mains Paper 2: IR | Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Ex Al Nagah
Mains level: India-Oman strategic relationship
Exercise Al Nagah III 2019
- It is a joint military exercise between Indian and Royal Army of Oman (RAO) held in Oman.
- The Indian side was represented by troops of Tenth Battalion The Garhwal Rifles Regiment.
- The exercise will see them hone their tactical and technical skills in joint counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in semi-urban scenario in mountainous terrain under UN mandate.
- It will contribute immensely in developing mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military as also facilitate in tackling the worldwide phenomenon of terrorism.
- Due emphasis will be laid on increasing interoperability between forces from both countries which is crucial for success of any joint operation.