From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN – 2019
Mains level : Significance of the exercise
- The Joint Military Exercise Dharma Guardian-2019 between India and Japan will be conducted to share experience gained during various Counter-Terrorism Operations in respective countries.
Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN
- It is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- This exercise is crucial and significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism.
- The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on counter terrorism operations in jungle and urban scenario.
- It will enhance the level of defence co-operation between Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) which in turn will further foster the bilateral relations between the two nations.