Mains Paper 2: IR | Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Ex Mitra Shakti
Mains level: India-Sri Lanka Strategic relationship
Exercise MITRA SHAKTI
- It is conducted annually as part of military diplomacy and interaction between armies of India & Sri Lanka.
- The joint exercise for the year 2018-19 will be conducted in Sri Lanka.
- Troops from 1st Battalion the BIHAR Regiment of the Indian Army and Gemunu Watch Battalion of Sri Lankan Army would be jointly undertaking the exercise.
- The aim of the exercise is to build and promote close relations between armies of both the countries and to enhance ability of joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations in an international Counter Insurgency and Counter Terrorist environment under United Nations.