From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Exercise Samudra Laksamana
Mains level : Indian ocean security
- The Indian Navy and Malaysian Navy had recently participated in the bilateral exercise ‘Samudra Laksamana’.
Exercise Samudra Laksamana
- The exercise includes two phases: A harbour phase wherein professional interactions social engagements, visits by the local populace and various sports events would be conducted.
- The Sea Phase of the exercise would enable the two navies to further sharpen their skills in order to enhance interoperability between the navies to ensure peaceful and secure seas for all.
- From the Indian side, Indian Navy Ships Sahyadri and Kiltan will participate in the exercise.
- The visit of the IN ships would further bolster the strong bonds of friendship between the two countries and contribute to the security and stability in the region.