From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : About the Exercise
Mains level : NA
Indian Navy has arrived at Doha for the inaugural edition of the Bilateral Maritime Exercise Za’ir-Al-Bahr (Roar of the Sea).
- The exercise is being conducted from 17 to 21 Nov 19 between the Indian Navy and Qatari Emiri Naval Forces.
- Za’ir-Al-Bahr 2019 would strengthen cooperation and enhance interoperability between the two navies.
- The Exercise will include a three-day Harbour Phase and Two days Sea Phase.
- The activities during the harbour phase will include a seminar, professional interaction, official visits, sports fixtures along with social and cultural events.
- The Sea Phase will include a Tactical Maritime Exercise involving the domains of Surface Action, Air Defence, Maritime Surveillance and Interdiction Operation and anti-terrorism.