From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Experiencing North East festival
Mains level: Tourism promoting initiatives for North-Eastern Region
- The ‘Experiencing North East’ festival depicting the uniqueness of North Eastern culture is being organised 27th-31st October, 2018.
‘Experiencing North East’ Festival
- The festival, a part of Destination North East series, is being organised by North Eastern Council (NEC), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) in collaboration with India International Centre.
- The festival will showcase the vibrant strengths of North East India and display its art, handicraft, handlooms, tourism, food, culture etc.
- There will be special performances daily by eminent cultural troupes, bands and artistes from North East, including Nise Meruno, classical pianist and vocalist.
- The event which is a part of ‘Destination North East’ series aims at showcasing the diverse culture and heritage of North East all under one roof.
Posted on | PIB