From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Farmers Club
Mains level : Easy credit facilities for Farmers
- Till date, there are 24321 active FCs existing in different States/UTs.
Farmers’ Clubs (FCs)
- FCs promoted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) are grass root level informal fora organized by the rural branches of banks, NGOs, Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs), etc.
- The programme is being implemented for the mutual benefit of the banks and the farmers.
- The major objective is to promote “Development through credit, technology transfer, awareness and capacity building” of the farmers.
- The clubs are beneficial for banks as well as line departments of the State Government for convergence of the programmes / schemes sponsored / implemented by them.
Posted on | Custom