From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Philip Kotler Presidential Award
Mains level: Not Much
PM gets Philip Kotler Award
- Hon’ble PM Mr. Modi is awarded the “first ever” Philip Kotler Presidential Award by the World Marketing Summit India.
- The Award focuses on the triple bottom-line of People, Profit and Planet. It will be offered annually to the leader of a Nation.
- The award acknowledges his pioneering works such as: Make in India, Digital India, Aadhar and Swachh Bharat.
About Philip Kotler Presidential Award
- Philip Kotler is a world renowned Professor of Marketing at Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management.
- The World Marketing Summit Group was founded by him in 2011.
- The WMS Group signed an agreement with Kotler Impact (its own marketing and sales partner) and Suslence Research International Institute Pvt Ltd, an Aligarh-based company established in 2017, to hold WMS in India for three years.
- The Kotler awards for marketing excellence were given following a nomination process, which required applicants to pay fees as high as Rs 1 lakh.
- Neither Philip Kotler or Professor Jagdish Seth, who presented the award to Modi at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg, have tweeted or shared information on their websites about participating in the jury.
- However, the certificate presented to Modi bears Kotler’s signature, presumably as part of the 2018 agreement to use his name for awards.