From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Himayat Mission
Mains level : Ensuring effective governance in J&K
The Jammu and Kashmir administration is working on effective implementation of Himayat Mission.
- It is an initiative of Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- It is implemented by Jammu & Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute (JKEDI) with Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDI) Ahmedabad, as coordinating /monitoring agency.
- The project aims to generate sustainable livelihood opportunities through self employment for the youth of Jammu and Kashmir by the crosscutting approaches of holistic entrepreneurship development programs.
- It aims at providing entrepreneurial skills for sustainable livelihood to 10,000 youth of J&K and facilitate access to finance and support services to at least 50% of them over a period of 3.5 Years.
- Under this, 42 projects have been sanctioned for training and placement target of 68,134 youths.