Mains Paper 2: Governance | Issues relating to development & management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Ayushman Bharat scheme, NABH, HOPE Portal
Mains level: Standardization of Healthcare facilities in India
- National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations (NABH) has revamped Entry-Level Certification Process of hospitals to make it simpler, digital, faster and user-friendly.
Why NABH Certification?
- HCOs and small HCOs that want to avail benefits associated with IRDAI and Ayushman Bharat.
- NABH accreditation provides assurance of quality and care in hospitals at par with international benchmarks.
- NABH has designed an exhaustive healthcare standard for hospitals and healthcare providers that have been accredited as per global standards.
- The revamped certification process is driven through a new portal called HOPE – Healthcare Organizations’ Platform for Entry-Level-Certification.
- It is an online platform for smooth and secure registration which provides a self-explanatory questionnaire to be filled by the HCO/SHCOs.
- It ensures quality at nascent stages by enrolling a wide range of hospitals across the country including Healthcare Organizations (HCOs).
- HOPE also enables them to comply with quality protocols, improve patient safety and the overall healthcare facility of the organization.
- NABH, a constituent body of QCI, has been working to ensure reliability, efficiency and global accreditation in Indian healthcare sector.
- It uses contemporary methodologies and tools, standards of patient safety and infection control.
- Established in 1997 Quality Council of India (QCI) is an autonomous organization under the DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is the Quality Apex and National Accreditation Body for accreditation and quality promotion in the country.
- The Council was established to provide a credible, reliable mechanism for third party assessment of products, services and processes which is accepted and recognized globally.