Mains Paper 2: IR | Bilateral, regional & global groupings & agreements involving India &/or affecting India’s interests
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Exercise KAZIND
Mains level: Indo-Kazakhstan defence cooperation
Exercise KAZIND 2018
- The Joint Army Exercise will be conducted between the Indian and Kazakhstan Army in Otar region, Kazakhstan.
- This is the third joint military exercise between the two countries which have a history of extensive cooperation in the defence arena.
- The second edition of the exercise was held in India last year.
- The aim of the exercise is to build and promote bilateral Army to Army relations and exchange skills and experiences between Kazakhstan Army and the Indian Army.
Enhancing Defense cooperation
- The vast experience and expertise of Indian troops in counter insurgency operations holds special importance to the Kazakhstan Army.
- The fourteen days exercise with the Kazakhstan Army will follow a graduated continuum from orientation to a full scale mock exercise.
- Another aim is to achieve optimum integration among the two contingents through enhanced mutual comprehension of each other’s tactics, techniques and procedures.
- The conduct of the joint exercise will set the stage for greater defence cooperation and consequently will manifest in stronger ties between the two great nations.