From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Shagun Portal
Mains level : Various digital initiatives in HRD sector
- Union HRD Ministry has launched one of world’s largest Integrated Online Junction for – School Education ‘Shagun’.
- It also announced the setting up of the Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET).
- School Education Shagun is an over-arching initiative to improve school education system by creating a junction for all online portals and websites relating to various activities of the Department of School Education and Literacy.
- The word Shagun is coined from two different words- ‘Shala’ meaning Schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning Quality.
- This online junction of different websites and portals into a single platform is aimed enhance the accessibility of information relating to schools and to ensure a holistic approach to transform education sector.
Integrated National School Education Treasury (INSET)
- INSET envisages a fully integrated, instantly accessible and seamless information network for all parameters relating to the students, teachers, and schools in the country.
- The main focus will be on the following areas:
- Reinforcing and cleaning the data of the Integrated Online Junction through feedback from Stakeholders
- Ensuring full inter-operability among the websites, portals and applications which are already hosted in the junction
- Creating high quality e-contents, including quizzes and puzzles to enhance learning and also for teachers in aiding classroom transactions
- Using AI and deep machine learning in a variety of ways to enhance the quality of school education including for designing evidence based inventions.