From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : International Symposium on Lighting (iSoL)
Mains level : Automobile industries in India
- Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises has inaugurated the International Symposium on Lighting (iSoL).
International Symposium on Lighting (iSoL)
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) organizes International Symposium on lighting (iSoL).
- The two days Symposium provides a common platform to professionals related directly or indirectly to the automotive lighting fraternity from all around the globe.
- The iSoL from 2009 has grown and transformed itself into a global event.
- ICAT has been associated with the field of lighting research and testing since 2006.
- Taking this commitment to a greater height, iSoL-2019 is aimed at creating a knowledge sharing platform ensuring the flow of information.
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT), Manesar (Haryana) is located in the northern automotive hub of India.
- It is a leading world class automotive testing, certification and R&D service provider.
- It functions under the aegis of NATRiP (National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project), Government of India.