From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Ex Nomadic Elephant and Ex Ekuverin
Mains level : India's stratergic relations with neighborhood
- 14th edition of Indo – Mongolian joint military training is being conducted over a period of 14 days.
- Nomadic Elephant-XIV is aimed at training troops in counter insurgency &counter terrorism operations under United Nations mandate.
- The Joint Exercise will enhance defence co-operation and military relations between the two nations.
- It is an ideal platform for the armies of both the nations to share their experiences & best practices and gain mutually during the joint training.
- The joint training aims at evolving various tactical drills in counter-terror environment like Convoy Protection Drill, Room Intervention Drills, Ambush/ Counter Ambush Drills, while jointly conducting counter terrorist operations under UN mandate.
- The joint training will also lay emphasis on conducting operations by a cohesive subunit, comprising of troops from both the armies, in an adverse operational conditions thus enhancing the interoperability between the two armies.
- Tenth edition of the Joint Military Exercise Ekuverin between the Indian Army and the Maldivian army is to be held this month at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Indian Army and the Maldives National Defence Forces have been conducting Exercise Ekuverin meaning ‘Friends’ in the Dhivehi language since 2009.
- The Exercise focuses on enhancing interoperability between the two forces for carrying out counter insurgency and counter-terrorism operations in a semi-urban environment under the UN mandate.