From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Museum Grant Scheme
Mains level : Not Much
Museum Grant Scheme
- Ministry of Culture provides financial assistance under the Scheme to the State Governments and Societies, Autonomous bodies, Local Bodies and Trusts registered under the Societies Act, for setting up new Museums.
- It aims to strengthen and modernize the existing museums at the Regional, State and District level.
- The maximum amount of financial assistance which may be given would be 80% of the total project cost.
- In case of museums in North-Eastern region including Sikkim the financial assistance would be 90% of the total project cost.
- The remaining amount i.e. 20% of the project cost (in case of North Eastern region, 10% of the project cost), will have to be borne by the organization.
- The organization may arrange the balance amount either from its own resources or may receive assistance through Corporate Social Responsibility.
- There is no condition in the scheme for receiving assistance through Corporate Social Responsibility.