From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : NISHTHA
Mains level : About the initiative
- Union HRD Ministry has launched the National Mission to improve Learning Outcomes at the Elementary level- NISHTHA.
- NISHTHA stands for National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement.
- It is the largest teachers’ training programme of its kind in the world.
- The basic objective of this massive training programme ‘NISHTHA’ is to motivate and equip teachers to encourage and foster critical thinking in students.
- The initiative is first of its kind wherein standardized training modules are developed at national level for all States and UTs.
- However, States and UTs can contextualize the training modules and use their own material and resource persons also, keeping in view the core topics and expected outcomes of NISHTHA.
- A Mobile App and Learning Management System (LMS) based on MOODLE (Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) have been developed by NCERT.
- LMS will be used for registration of Resource Persons and Teachers, dissemination of resources, training gap and impact analysis, monitoring, mentoring and measuring the progress online.
- The Minister informed that the training will be conducted directly by 33120 Key Resource Persons (KRPs) and State Resource Persons (SRP) identified by the State and UTs.
- They will in turn be trained by 120 National Resource Persons identified from NCERT, National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA), Kendriya Vidyalaya (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), CBSE and NGOs.