From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Particulars of Move Hack
Mains level: Not Much
- NITI Aayog has launched Move Hack, a global mobility hackathon to crowdsource solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India.
- The hackathon has a two-pronged campaign approach:
- “Just Code It”: aimed at solutions through innovations in technology/product/software and data analysis, and
- “Just Solve It”: innovative business ideas or sustainable solutions to transform mobility infrastructure through technology.
- Move Hack is open to individuals of all nationalities, making it a truly global hackathon.
Why such hackathon?
- Transportation and mobility are emerging as potential drivers of innovation and economic growth of the 21st
- Rapidly evolving technologies and business models for delivering mobility services have dramatic potential to transform the global transportation sector.
- Mobility that ranges from pedestrian and personal transport to public transit and freight movement is extremely critical and impacts rural and urban daily lives.