Mains Paper 2 : Government Scheme/Policies |
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : NuGen Mobility Summit
Mains level : Issues related to adoption of the EVs in India
NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar, NCR.
- The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future.
- The event aims to bring together the automotive OEMs, professionals, researchers, academic experts, vehicle system suppliers, test equipment supplier, quality managers, product planners, component developers, SAE members and students from all over the world.
- The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT), Manesar, located in the northern automotive hub of India, is a leading world class automotive testing, certification and R&D service provider under the aegis of NATRiP (National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project).
- It is a division of NATRIP Implementation Society (NATIS) under the Department of Heavy Industries, Government of India.
- It provides services for testing, validation, design and homologation of all categories of vehicles.
- It has a mission to assist the automotive industry in adopting cutting edge technologies in vehicle evaluation and component development in new generation mobility solutions.