Mains Paper 1: Social Issues | Urbanization – problems and remedies
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: PAISA Portal, Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Mains level: Read the attached story
- PAiSA stands for Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
- It is a centralized electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- The web platform has been designed and developed by Allahabad Bank which is the Nodal bank.
- PAiSA is an effort by the government to connect directly with the beneficiaries, ensuring that there is greater transparency and efficiency in delivery of services.
- DBT of subvention on monthly basis under DAY-NULM will give the necessary financial support to small entrepreneurs in a timely manner.
- All 35 states / UTs & all scheduled commercial banks, RRBs and Cooperative Banks are expected to be on board the PAiSA portal the year end.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana