From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Paryatan Parv, 2018
Mains level: Not Much
Paryatan Parv, 2018
- Nodal Ministry: Union Ministry of Tourism
- Aim: drawing focus on the benefits of tourism, showcasing the cultural diversity of the country and reinforcing the principle of “Tourism for All”.
- The Paryatan Parv will have three main components as like last year, viz.
- Dekho Apna Desh: Encouraging Indians to visit their own country. It will focus on domestic tourists especially to sensitize youth.
- Tourism for All: Organizing tourism events (Paryatan Mahotsav) across all destinations in the country.
- Tourism & Governance: It will have interactive sessions and workshops with stakeholders on varied themes like Skill Development in Tourism Sector, Innovation in Tourism etc.
- The Paryatan Parv will start with the India Tourism Mart 2018 which will further ensure wide participation from outside the country.
- It shall conclude with the World Tourism Day celebrations on 27th September 2018.