From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : DHRUV initiative
Mains level : Various initiatives for skill education
- Union HRD Ministry Shri will launch the Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme- ‘DHRUV’ from ISRO Headquarters at Bengaluru.
Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme (PMILP)
- PMILP is being started to identify and encourage talented children to enrich their skills and knowledge.
- The objective of the PMILP would be to allow talented students to realize their full potential and contribute to society.
- In centres of excellence across the country, gifted children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential.
- It is expected that many of the students selected will reach the highest levels in their chosen fields and bring laurels to their community, State and Nation.
Details of the programme
- The programme will be called DHRUV (after the Pole Star) and every student to be called ‘DHRUV TARA’.
- It will cover two areas i.e. Science and Performing Arts. There will be 60 students in all, 30 from each area. The 60 students come from across the country
- The students will be broadly from classes 9 to 12, from all schools including government and private.
- This is only the first phase of the programme which will be expanded gradually to other fields like creative writing etc.