From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan
Mains level : Not Much
- Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan is running successfully to motivate children to learn Science, Maths and Technology through observation and experimentation confirmed HRD Minister.
Rashtriya Aavishkar Abhiyan (RAA)
- Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan is a unique concept developed by the Ministry of HRD that aims to inculcate a spirit of inquiry, creativity and love for Science and Mathematics in school children.
- It was launched on 9th July, 2015 by Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Former President of India.
- It is a convergent framework across School Education and Higher Education to motivate children of the age group from 6-18 years in learning Science, Mathematics and Technology.
- It focuses on learning through observation, experimentation, inference drawing, model building, etc. both through inside and outside classroom activities and processes.
- It seeks to create curiosity, excitement and spirit of innovation and exploration amongst school children.
- It encourages higher education institutions to become Mentoring Institutions and assist secondary and elementary schools in the study of Science and Mathematics.