Skip to the content
- FAME India Scheme: [Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India]
- Objective: Support hybrid/electric vehicles market development and Manufacturing eco-system.
- The scheme has 4 focus areas: Technology development, Demand Creation, Pilot Projects and Charging Infrastructure.
- During the Financial Year 2015-16, an amount of Rs. 75 Crore was allocated for this scheme, which was almost fully utilised. That’s great!
- Under this scheme, about 99000 hybrid/electric vehicles (xEVs) have been given direct support by way of demand incentives