Mains Paper 3 : Various Security Forces, Agencies & Their Mandates |
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : RODRA
Mains level : Not Much
Retired Officers Digital Records Archive
- Manpower Planning (MP) Directorate, (MP 5&6) is responsible for custody and maintenance of approximately 1.2 Lakh service records of serving and retired officers of the Indian Army.
- Due to lack of digitization and non-availability of latest address and contact details of veterans, connecting with veteran officers/family pensioners and addressing their grievances was a major challenge.
- To overcome the same a website Retired Officers Digital Records Archive (RODRA, https://rodra.gov.in) was launched.
- This aims to create a digital data repository in order to address documentation/pension related grievances and update on relevant policies.
Utility of the Website
- With this launch various types of Pension Payment Order (PPOs) issued by PCDA (P) from time to time to veterans has now been discontinued thereby saving of manpower, stationery and postal charges.
- The PPOs are now uploaded on the website and veterans are able to download it from the website. Monitoring and management of grievances of veterans has been streamlined thereby improving satisfaction levels.