From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Sahara hostels
Mains level : Empowerment of veer naris
- Lt Governor of Delhi has inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’
Sahara Naval Hostel
- Sahara Hostel is a unique and first of its kind initiative by the Indian Navy for the welfare of the Naval Widows/Veernaris.
- It is aimed towards providing support to the lady and their families in the period immediately after the unfortunate demise of their husbands.
- Only those widows who have completed the requisite period in Government accommodation after the demise of their husbands are eligible to apply for stay in the hostel for one year.
- Extension beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of the case.
- The unique project has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC).
- It comprises compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.