- ‘SamagraShiksha’ is the scheme of The Union Ministry for Human Resource Development.
- It is an integrated Scheme for school education extending support to States from pre-school to senior secondary levels for the first time.
- The Scheme is a paradigm shift in the conceptual design of school education by treating ‘school’ holistically as a continuum from pre-school, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary levels.
- It is a landmark step and completely overhauled the existing Schemes in School Education to treat schooling as a smooth transition from pre-school, primary, upper primary, secondary and senior secondary level.
- It focuses on improving quality of education at all levels by integrating the two T’s – Teachers and Technology.
- The budget outlay on the new scheme will be now Rs. 34,000 crore in 2018-19 and to Rs. 41,000crore in 2019-20 i.e. an increase of 20% which shows Central Government’s commitment for Education.